Monday, December 17, 2012

love meets DIY christmas cards

One of my favorite things about going to Bar Method on the weekends (other than getting my butt whipped into shape) is that fact that there is a Paper Source right next door. They open right as I'm finishing up my workout so I grab a cup of coffee and I peruse the store for a good hour. Being the holiday season, the store was full of DIY projects and decorations for Christmas and Hanukkah. I found the CUTEST Santa Hat stickers so I got the idea of making DIY Christmas cards this year. Plus, it was a really rainy weekend in SF so it made for the perfect afternoon project.

A7 Envelope//A7 Flat Card//Washi Tape//Santa Hat Stickers//Red Glitter Alphabet
Just a handful of simple supplies. My total damage was just $25 - just over the weekend I was able to make 7 so that justifies the cost considering Hallmark cards at a drug store are usually around the $3.99. I think I can make at least 3 more cards.



If you've ever been to a Paper Source, you know that the back section has the walls and walls of paper and paper products in every color imaginable.   I picked out the A7 (5"x7") sized cards and envelopes in "paper bag." Actually, I made the rookie mistake of grabbing cards in khaki and envelopes in paper bag. The cashier was nice enough to point out that they were mismatched and corrected my selection. So when picking your paper items, be sure to check the labeling - colors and sizes are very clearly indicated.


These are the ADORABLE Santa hats that peaked my DIY-sense. I just had to find a reason to buy these and so Christmas cards it was!


 And as if Santa hat stickers weren't enough, I spotted these fantastic red glitter letter stickers.


While pack of stickers had 180 different pieces, I was a little limited in what I could actually spell out so I had to get a little creative. "Be Merry" was one of my favorites.



Then I started to really run out of letters so I had to get even more creative and just start using people's initials. This one was for my friends Lauren and Brian. 


And to finish it off, a little strip of washi tape to hold it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment